Playdate, Bridal Show & 2 Month Hearing Age!
Well the weekend is at the end and I am exhausted! On Friday I took A to Olivia & Avery’s for a long overdue playdate. The girls are doing amazing and I was very impressed with how well they were speaking and behaving! I have some pictures but for some reason blogger is not working properly to post pics so they will have to wait until it is up and running again!
Friday night I also went and met with a husband and wife photographer team. I really liked their work and the fact that there would be two people doing photos. I cannot believe how many photographers there are around and I don’t know how anyone can make a final decision on who they would like there!
Today I went to a bridal show here in Guelph with my mom and cousin Nicole. I was pretty impressed with what I saw and I think that it helped me make a few more decisions for the big day. I am pretty sure I have decided on a photographer and I know one place that I WON’T be getting a cake from. haha it wasn’t very good. Being there really made it FEEL more real and I can’t wait until the day is here!
It was two months ago today that A had his implant activated. Wow I cannot believe how fast time goes. He has done amazing with the implant so far and I am so happy that I made the decision to have the surgery and give him such a precious gift. Things I have noticed already with the implant are:
1. Turns to toys when they are activated.
2. Recognition of my voice and his daddy’s.
3. Acting scared of certain toys/noises.
4. Anticipation of the implant being turned on in the morning.
5. Knows his train, knocking on the door, popping sound with your mouth, clicking of the tongue, the dog barking and a couple other SPECIFIC toys.
6. Much more vocal at times.
7. Taking turns making sounds.
What I am currently working on with him:
1. Name calling to learn “A”
2. Having two animals in front of him, making the sound for one and have him look at the correct one.
3. Excitement to new sounds.
4. Of course mamamama…hasn’t worked YET!
So in the two months you can see how well he has done. That’s my boy. My amazing little boy.